\Will \Can

You always said that you were in my corner. That you had my back and supported me through thick and thin. That you had my best interest in mind and there was no-one else you cared about more than me.

You promised to love me forever and be my partner for life. You'd take care of me as we age and we'd travel the world together hand in hand. You'd hold me in our 30s and way into our 70s. You'd always look at me with eyes of lust.

You shared with me your deepest darkest secrets. You knew that your words would reside in the depth of my soul and no-one, but yourself, can reach deep into me and find them.
You painted us a picture of love, passion, romance and laughter. 
You painted for us a future.

But that was yesterday. 

It's no longer a 'can you' situation because I know you could. It's a 'will you' hurt me in the end.

Popular Posts